Easy Drain Cleaning Idea Gone Bad
Every morning my day starts with The Today Show. I'm a real sucker for life hacks. I saw the following option to clear drains. Since my bathroom sink and my shower has been slow to drain lately, I gave it a shot!
Pro tip: Use baking soda and vinegar or baking soda and lemon juice for an at-home drain cleaner:
- Pour a pot of boiling hot water down your drain.
- Dump in about 1/2 c. baking soda. Let that sit for a few minutes.
- Then, pour a mixture of 1 c. vinegar or 1 c. lemon juice and 1. c very hot water down on top of the baking soda or lemon juice.
- Cover with a drain plug (to keep the reaction down below the drain surface) if you have one and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Flush one more time with a pot of boiling water.
...and then I realized I probably just spent $15 on Whole Foods product cleaning a drain. #fail
(but it worked)
Here's where I found it: TODAY